But beforehand, consider power that may be interrupted.
- If you have a batter backup system, plug your Router and Modem into it. You should have access to the internet for as long as the battery lasts.
- Make sure your flashlights are charged and easily accessible.
- Charge all tablets and devices
- Close windows that may be cracked open, even if it is a sheltered window.
- Bring in firewood
- Set up a cooler and make sure the ice packs are ready if the power fails.
- Open the refrigerator and make mental note of where the food is that you might access so that the door opening time can be kept to a minimum.