Goodwill of Orange County would like to thank the … Police Department, Fire Department and all others for identifying our organization as a partner in the Business Emergency Response Team training.
The BERT training has become a lighthouse for our organization. The program has not only provided us with a road map for further development of our disaster program but also provided us lifelong partnerships to facilitate continued growth as we move into the future. We look forward to a continuing effort to work with current and future BERT members in the years to come.
Bill, It has been amazing to not only see the amount of support the city leaders have given this program, but how much you and others have sacrificed to make the BERT training successful. Without a doubt, you have the deepest thanks and gratitude of all your BERT students.
– Paul Scruggs, Goodwill Industries
I am the Safety Coordinator for Pioneer Circuits, Inc. in Santa Ana, California. I am an experienced Safety Professional who is used to dealing with injuries/accidents in the workplace. Even with my extensive knowledge, I can honestly say that this training program has opened my eyes and provided me with additional tools and knowledge that I can apply on the job.
The BERT training program provided key information that I can utilize in both my personal and professional life. The segments of the training that I particularly like are Disaster Preparedness, Disaster Medical Operations and Disaster Psychology. I strongly believe that this training will help me in assessing not only my needs but also the needs of co-workers or even my family in an emergency situation.
I would without a doubt recommend the BERT Training program to any business representative in the Santa Ana area. You’ll get an impressive, professional hands-on training. Taught by qualified emergency personnel.
Thank you for a fine training program, which will allow me to continuously improve upon the level of service I can provide.
– John Mirshahabi, Pioneer Circuits
Fabcon’s participation in the B.E.R.T. program has given us valuable insight as we move forward with preparing our in-house “Emergency Response Plan”. We now have a better understanding as to what to expect from our city’s first responders, how to properly prepare our facility and staff for emergency situations as well as the opportunity to network with our neighbors so that we might share assets and support in times of crisis.
I found the lectures both interesting and pertinent. The opportunity to participate in hands-on training scenarios with the first responders was invaluable. I strongly suggest that all businesses in Santa Ana participate in this program.
– Jeff Hurtig, Fabcon
It seemed that every class held a wealth of information, not only for our businesses but also for our families. Many hands make light labor and the teamwork spirit of Santa Ana proves this to be true.
-Midge Smith, Royale Health Care
This was a very productive time! Through hands-on activities, I learned how to save lives and property; the importance of communication and advance planning; the real value of our resources that we take for granted every day; the significant role and needs of our city first emergency responders; and much more. I am eager to put together a bilingual training and transfer all my learnings to our employees, who mainly are Santa Ana residents. This valuable information not only helps at work but also at home. Thank you to the foundation, the fire and police departments, and all the people involved in this important endeavor. We are now BERT certified people and ready to help others.
The … BERT program was a fantastic event, which I found to be informative and inspiring. The program instructors and the organizer (Bill Cunningham) were insightful teachers who gave us a hands on performance that enlightened all of us of our critical responsibilities as emergency responders. In the class, I actually felt as though I were in a real crisis situation, and psyched myself on the methods I would need to know and use to respond adequately with forethought and calmness should a real disaster ever strike. I soon began to recognize weaknesses in our business preparation methodology, and immediately received guidance on how to recognize and correct these deficiencies.
I found myself excited to attend each class every week and immensely enjoyed the comradeship of many of my business neighbors of whom I would have never met had it not been for this assimilation. Bill has done a great job with this endeavor, and the support he receives from the Police and Fire Departments is a testament of the validity and vital need for this program. I would highly recommend it to all persons who wish to learn and mature in the ways of helping others, as well as ourselves when a disaster occurs. We owe it to our friends, family, and coworkers to become leaders instead of followers when a disaster strikes.
Initially I was “volunteered” for this class and really didn’t really expect much. I have gone through CPR and First Aid training in the past and figured it would be very similar. Much to my surprise it was much more comprehensive (although they don’t provide CPR training). It was an enlightening experience to say the least. We had a verbal enactment at the beginning to show us our knowledge.
I have learned everything from psychology to sign language and all the various ways to deal with various crisis situations. After the 6 weeks of training we did a hands on application, I enjoyed this part!! This was a real eye opener into how much we learned. I would even recommend doing maybe two at the end instead of just one, so future students could really get the “hang of it”. I feel I’d be at least helpful in a crisis situation now. It’s nice to know I’d be a part of the solution not part of the problem.
Thank you very much to All who trained us!!
– Michelle Murray, Glenn Gelman & Associates
I had a great experience with the BERT class VI in meeting terrific people within many different companies within our city. A lot of diversity that brings a community together in a way that will be priceless in the event of the next disaster, incident or major event within our community. As i just said the “next” not “if” because we all need to know there is not an “if” it is a “when” will it happen and nobody knows. However all we can do is educate ourselves and be prepared for when it does.I think this class is a must for any business small or large. I think it should be one representative for every 10-15(max) employees. It should be a management roll as the priority and expanded down the chain to your most reliable employees. As these will be the ones at the facility when it happens. I personally found myself talking a lot and relating/reiterating things I learned to my family, friends and coworkers. It’s scary how real all that is discussed seemed to occur in the process. A mall shooting happened during the course of the class. After our class had just concluded, the next day the second most deadly school shooting in history, involving the most innocent civilians, our children and our future, happened. In having two young girls of my own this really hit home for me, but had I been involved in either of these incidents I would have had training to react appropriate in the situation.I encourage you to take the class and get educated to help yourself and others in times of emergencies, you will walk away with a sense of pride and personal commitment to help when help will really be needed.
ENGLISH / SPANISH
- Gracias por darnos la oportunidad de aprender más.
- Thank you for giving us the opportunity to learn more.
- Este programa es muy bueno para mejorar nuestra cultura.
- This program is very good to improve our culture.
- Muy buena información para uso personal, familiar, y negocios & trabajo.
- Very good information for myself, family, and business & work.
- Fue un beneficio para uno por conocimiento acerca de los desastres.
- It was a benefit for one learning the knowledge about disasters.
- Bueno nos sirve para aprender que hacer en estos casos.
- Well it helps us learn what to do in these cases.
- Está muy bien para el beneficio de uno.
- It is all very good for our benefit.
- Estuvo muy bien este entrenamiento, cosas que no sabíamos.
- This training was very good, things that we did not know.
- Este entrenamiento fue muy bueno para mí y mi familia y para ayudar a otras personas. Muchas Gracias
- This training was very good for my family and me and to help other people. Thank you very much
- Estoy muy agradecido por darnos la oportunidad de participar
- I am very grateful for giving us the opportunity to participate
- Estuvo bien estas pláticas aprendí mucho, gracias.
- These lectures were good, I learned a lot. Thanks
- Gracias por el curso, aprendí mucho. Me gusto la parte psicología.
- Thank you for the course, I learned a lot. I liked the psychology part.
- Entrenamiento excelente para uno mismo y para otros.
- Excellent training for others and ourselves.
- La información que estoy recibiendo me sirve como ser mejor en mi casa y trabajo.
- The information that I am receiving prepares me at home and work.
- Muy buen programa y buenas ideas de seguridad.
- Very good program and good ideas for safety.
- Los instructores y el video están bien capacitados con buena información
- The instructors and the video are well trained with good information
- Aprendí a ser más cuidadoso con los incendios
- I learned to be more careful with the fire
- Me gusto todos los comentarios
- I liked all the comments
- Me gusto la clase es interesante, aprendí.
- I liked the class, it is interesting, I learned.
- Todo esto está muy bien.
- All of this is very good
- Todo está bien excepto por el lenguaje, debería estar un poco más claro.
- All is well except for the language; it should be a little clearer.
- Bueno saber las emergencias que pasan.
- Good to know about emergencies that occur.
- Es importante para mí saber cómo actuar en caso de emergencia.
- It is important for me to know how to act in case of emergency.
- Interesante para el cuidado de mi familia y la comunidad, me gusto.
- Interesting for the care of my family and the community, I liked it.
- Excelente información
- Excellent information
- Este curso me gusto porque ahora puedo orientar a mi familia y vecinos en caso de emergencia.
- I liked this course because now I can help my family and neighbors in an emergency.
- La información es muy buena para saber cómo actuar en un a emergencia.
- The information is very good to know how to act in an emergency.
- Es bueno tener entrenamiento continuos
- Good having continuous training
- Algo nuevo aprendí
- I learned something new
- Estar a la defensiva
- Be on the defensive
- Me gusto el entrenamiento que se hizo hoy, espero que continúen
- I liked the training that was done today, I hope that they continue
- Tendré una mejor visión de las cosas
- I will have a better view of things
- Me va cambiar la forma de vivir mejor
- It is going to change the way of living
- Gracias por ayudarme a mejorar mi vida
- Thank you for helping me to improve my life
- Es muy importante aprender todo lo que dice la clase
- It is very important to learn everything about this class
- Muy bueno
- Very good
- Esta bien el programa
- Good program
- Aprenden como controlar una emergencia
- Learn how to control an emergency
- Buena información para emergencias
- Good information for emergencies
- Está muy bien para saber qué hacer en caso de emergencias
- Is all very well to know what to do in case of emergencies
- Aprendí sobre los tipos de incendios que hay y que hacer en una emergencia
- I learned about the types of fires that there are and what to do in an emergency
- Aprendí sobre armas nucleares para reaccionar a tiempo en una situación de esas
- I learned about nuclear weapons to react in time when a situation like that occurs
- Estuvo bien el curso, aprendí varios tipos de emergencia para estar alerta.
- This course was great; I learn various tips of emergencies so you can be alert
- Todo mundo debería obtener esta información
- Everyone should get this information
- Es buena la clase te orienta un poco lo que no sabes
- Great class, it guides you on what you don’t know
- Me hace tomar conciencia de lo importante que es estar preparado.
- Makes me realize how important it is to be prepared.
- Información muy importante necesaria y eficiente. Gracias
- Very important information necessary and efficient. Thank you
- Esta es la mejor información que he recibido en mucho tiempo.
- This is the best information that I have received in a long time.
- Mucha información que se puede aplicar en cualquier emergencia.
- Lots of information that can be applied in any emergency.
- Es una buena información para pensar en estar preparado en caso de emergencia.
- It is good information to think about being prepared in case of emergency.
- Te explica cómo trabajar el sistema de emergencias.
- Explains how to work the emergency system.
- Te explica cómo prevenir los incendios en caso de una emergencia.
- Explains how to prevent fires in the event of an emergency.
- Te ayuda como manejar tus pensamientos y emociones.
- Helps you to manage your thoughts and emotions.
- Te explica cómo identificar algún ataque de terrorismo.
- Explains how to identify any terrorism attack.
- Te ayuda como llevar acabo todo lo relacionado con la seguridad en tu casa.
- Helps you carry on the safety information to your home.
- Buenos puntos de fuego que ignoraba y es bueno reconocerlos.
- Good points about fire that I was ignoring and it is good to recognize them.
- Muy buen tema de cómo hablar con las personas después de un incidente. Muy buen programa.
- Great topic on how to speak to someone after an incident. Great program.
- Tratar de no asustarte para tomar las mejores decisiones.
- Try not getting scared so you make better decisions.
- Si no sabes no te metas no seas parte del problema.
- If you do not know, do not get involve and be part of the problem.
- Es muy importante saber aprender para poder ayudar.
- It is important to learn so you can be able to help.